Necrotizing fasciitis after zip line accident attacks Ga. woman
Copeland contracted the rare infection, called necrotizing fasciitis, within a few days after suffering a deep cut May 1 when she fell from a broken zip line in an outdoor excursion. Her parents and sister remain at her side after a week at an Augusta
Necrotizing fasciitis, the rare flesh-eating disorder that has already claimed the leg of 24-year-old Georgia grad student Aimee Copeland, now looks likely to claim her fingers. Copeland — who contracted necrotizing fasciitis
"The diagnosis of Necrotizing Fasciitis which is commonly called flesh eating disease or flesh eating bacteria can be caused by many different bacteria,&qu. Necrotizing fasciitis claims woman's leg after zip line accident.
Good morning! Necrotizing fasciitis, the rare flesh-eating infection, is once again the hot topic getting searched this morning after word that 24-year-old Georgia grad student Aimee Copeland will now likely lose her fingers.
Another flesh eating bacteria, Vibrio vulnificu occurs in salt water sources giving some idea where this bacteria was picked up in victims of Necrotizing fasciitis. This emphasizes the importance of not getting cuts and abrasions while on vacation